Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Tuesday Tip - The Arrow


Sometimes, answers to life's questions can be right in front of you. Literally.

Case in point? I was recently visiting some family out in California, and on the final day of my trip, my aunt decided to borrow my cousin's car to take me back to the airport, since it gets better mileage. As we're driving towards Sacramento International, she mentions how she'll need to stop and get gas soon because the tank was starting to inch towards empty. We're making great time, so I let her know that it's no problem. My aunt then comments on how it's always confusing when driving someone else's car because she can never tell which side of the car has the gas cap.

Fuel gauge


I tell her to glance at her fuel gauge, and point out (no pun intended!) the arrow, showing her which side of the car to pull up to when we get to the gas station. We laughed, and had one of those "The More You Know!" moments. I half expected a fake shooting star to come flying past us.

So, next time you're driving, glance at the fuel gauge and see if you can spot the arrow icon next to the little picture of the gas pump. It is not in every vehicle, so the older your car is, the less likely it will be to have this. However, if worse comes to worse, you can always check your owner's manual to verify!

No comments:

Post a Comment