Tuesday, April 17, 2012

How Sacred is Your Car's Exterior Apperance?


You know the old saying, "your body is a temple"? I wonder if the same sort of system exists for people and their cars. I've never had a large spoiler or any customizations done, though I have been guilty in the past of plastering my first ever set of wheels with bumper stickers. In my defense, the 18 year old version of me thought it was cool (and imperative) that the world know I enjoyed ska music!
As I've gotten older, however, I've started appreciating the beauty of cars that aren't covered in stickers, flame decals, or crazy fins. Then again, this could be the same mentality that turns me into the type later in life to yell at kids to get off my lawn. Reddit user Elektron9 seems to agree, as he recently posted the photo below, depicting a random Toyota Camry he came across, and how he would fix it to make it better.

http://i.imgur.com/KQMfL.jpg


Now, I don't think I've ever actually seen someone driving a Camry with an added spoiler and exhaust pipe, but there is a first for everything! After my initial surprise, I did a little digging and found this list which has a bunch of different mods and goes over "the good, the bad, and the ugly" of customizing the appearance of your ride. Of all the ones listed, I think window tinting is the most universally accepted personalization. A slight tint always looks good...lamborghini door kits, maybe not so much.
How do you feel about car customization? Can it be done in a tasteful way, or does it only serve to make a vehicle overly flashy and exponentially louder? What have you done (or would do) to your car? 

No comments:

Post a Comment