Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Spotted: Toyota in Japan


As some of you may know, I recently traveled to Japan! After spending a week in Tokyo and Osaka, I'm happy to say that it's one of the best trips I've ever made. While there, I ate as much sushi and ramen as possible, walked through some of the most crowded streets and subway stations ever, and came across an exhibition of Toyota vehicles. Seeing the Toyota cars was great and a nice reminder of how crazily popular the brand is in it's home country- especially considering the fact that wherever I went, I'd easily spot a Toyota Prius in traffic. The Japanese love all things technological, efficient, and/or just plain crazy. That might explain why there was a giant robot standing outside one of the buildings near where all the action was going down!

Scroll down to view the photos and see for yourself.





The exhibition was huge. This projector was showing off clips from CEO Akio Toyoda.




This nifty map had a guide of some of the attractions- sadly, I couldn't find the iReal


The PHV- Prius Plugin Hybrid. Excited for this to become available in the states!


One of the nicest looking Prii I've ever seen.



And right next to it, the Aqua (Prius C) version.




 


Toyota's first sports car in over a decade, the GT-86- otherwise known as the Scion FR-S!



A Habañero Aqua. Does that make sense? If you're in Japan, then sure!



Another view of the exhibit floor. 




The giant Gundam robot in question. There was a small area around it that once had grass, but had been completely erased and turned into a field of dirt and dust from all the foot traffic coming to see this guy.



All in all, the trip was amazing, and it was great to see just how passionate the Japanese are about vehicle performance, as well as design. Would I go back? You bet. I should probably brush up on my kanji reading abilities first, though. The one thing I memorized during the trip was the symbols for Osaka, because it looks like the Eiffel Tower + the letters "BFX"!

大阪 



No comments:

Post a Comment