Here's some trivia you might not have known about the Toyota Corolla!
- It first hit dealerships all the way back in October of 1966, featuring a 4-speed manual transmission capable of 60 horsepower.
- The 2014 model will mark the 11th generation of the vehicle, in terms of how many times it has been redesigned.
- In 1997, the Corolla overtook the Volkswagen Beetle for the title of being the best selling car in the world.
- There was a bit of upset in April of 2013 when the Ford Focus claimed to have taken the "best selling" title, but Toyota refuted that claim and the Corolla remains on top!
- Almost 40 million Corollas have been sold since its inception.
- The Corolla is sold in over 150 countries around the world.
- Since the first generation, each new version of the Corolla has gotten a bit larger and heavier, but also more powerful in terms of output.
To celebrate the long history of this great vehicle, one of the Toyota teams overseas (in Turkey) made this great montage video, featuring different Corollas throughout the years. You can check it out below:
Do you own a Toyota Corolla? What do you like best about yours?